Tuesday, February 2, 2010

New Work From TRUNKS ART: "80's Knight!"

For some reason, my mind has been mulling over the phrase, 'coming of age' for the last month or so. I think it's because I read those words on so many DVD jackets while doing some holiday browsing in my local video store. I like those kinds of movies. Besides the formulaic 'nerd boy wins affections of popular girl' or 'klutz scores improbable touchdown to win the game,' these movies always come with a soundtrack that magically romanticizes what many of us experienced as awkward, angst-filled times. Yet, the movie studios are only doing what we do to ourselves!

If you're like me, every time I hear a particular song from the 80's, my mind always pin points my exact location in time when that song was either streaming out of my boom box or my buddy's '64 VW bug or from some huge speakers in my favorite dive bar. "80's Knight" simply pays tribute to those bands that will forever be the soundtrack of my own 'coming of age' story.

"80's Knight" is part of my "A Okay" Series. It's available in various sizes on paper or canvas as limited edition prints (75). Licensing of this image is available as well. To see more of my work, please visit my website at www.chucktrunks.com.

No comments: