Monday, October 8, 2012

TRUNKS ART delivers a custom surfboard sign to Mavericks Gym in Ventura, CA!

Ventura, CA — October 8, 2012 — From time to time, I'll actually come up with a good idea; but in this case, I can't figure out why it took me so long. After growing increasingly weary of a local gym that seemed more like the workout-of-the-living-dead, I instantly fell in love with and joined Mavericks Gym in Ventura in 2011.
The gym had everything: tons of weightlifting stuff, rows and rows of the latest cardio machines, aerobic classes - but - something was missing! How does a gym, located in a beach town, cater to a hefty surfer population without one cool surfboard on the wall? When I approached David Hill, owner of Mavericks Gym, he totally agreed and commissioned me to create a unique, one of a kind surfboard sign that told visitors that they were not only at Mavericks - they were at Mavericks in Ventura. The board features the Mavericks logo floating on iconic landmarks that define the beautiful city of Ventura: the two trees, the Channel Islands as well as the sweetest, tastiest waves in the county.
Besides being terrific to work with, David and his wife, Molly Hill, couldn't have had a better reaction to their new surfboard sign. After the big "unveil," I drove home, logged on to my computer and was surprised to discover a bunch of emails from various friends telling me they saw the new board. How could that be? I just left the place. Turns out, they hoisted the board (fins and all) up above the front desk and plastered photos of it on their facebook page - all in about 30 minutes! See that? These guys are both flattering AND efficient!
To see more of my work, please visit my website and blog. If you're interested in having a custom art surfboard brighten up your home, office or business, please don't hesitate to contact me. I'd love to help you! *Sales of all boards are shared with the Surfrider Foundation of Ventura County. *Board-on-pier photos courtesy of Claudia Pardo.

No comments: