Thursday, September 3, 2009

"Morning Buzz" is the latest release from TRUNKS ART!


You’d think I wouldn’t need to stand in line at Starbucks after two hours of early morning boogie boarding but that’s what I end up doing every time I go to Malibu. What’s up with that? Frigid rip tides and punishing surf aren’t enough of a jolt to wake me up?! Or maybe it’s my pathetic, subconscious need to spot incognito (and not so incognito) celebs standing in this painfully slow line with me? In any case, the soul-crushing wait allows me to indulge my keen eye and to ponder the subject of my next art composition.

“Morning Buzz” is what happens when a perfectly good subject (like coffee) gets influenced by a recent trip to some place other than a beach. Remember the spinning tea cups at Disneyland? Even with such an iconic reference, this piece offers an approving nod to all those who not only start their day with a hot cup of coffee but with the thought that it’s going to be a great day.



*"Morning Buzz" (42x32) is part of my A La Art Series. It's available on paper or canvas as limited edition prints (75). Licensing of this image is available as well.

To see and read more of my art work or to contact me about creating something unique for you, please visit my website at www.chucktrunks.com.

No comments: